Monday, January 14, 2008

My weekend

Friday evening, I picked up a certain individual from the airport. Together we headed to our friends, the Dekkers, and enjoyed a brief time reuniting with several friends and family. The next morning I joined them for breakfast and then the certain individual and I went to a local chocolate shop, "The Chocolate Cafe" to check it out and sip on some excellent hot chocolate. We were going to visit more chocolate shops in town, but our conversation led us back to my house to check out some camping gear. As it was Saturday, I do what I do most Saturdays and lost most of my energy. We sat down to watch The Lord of the Rings, which, by now, you can totally zone out on if you've watched it as much as I have. Then, we made a brief visit again at the Dekker's before we went to Bexley Monks for dinner. I took a lucky wrong turn after dinner and we landed in Franklin Park Conservatory where we walked and I ended up climbing a tree.
The following morning we met up at church and, deciding to be social, we joined the gang for lunch and a couple of games of Apples to Apples. We sat down to watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a chat with Jessie and Karl before I drove this certain individual back to the airport.
By all accounts, this should have been just a regular reunion, or a "get together" if you will, but it wasn't. From the several times this person has visited, this has been the most magical by far. It has been 5 years or more since I've felt this connected with someone. I'm giddy and I think I've fallen deep into a pit of infatuation.

No comments: