Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The very beginning of a new leaf, just about ready to turn

I'm in the middle of week 5 of my first quarter at Kendall College. I'm in the part time certificate program for Baking and Pastry and I'm pretty awesome at it. Today before class, on my way to Target for milk, I realized that all I'm doing right now is surviving. (Barely at the moment, since it took me until noon to get out of bed. I was sick all weekend with a migraine.) I've been juggling my income around, trying to make it stretch as much as possible, I've been working at a job I hardly like and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with as many people as I can, so that I can sustain a relationship with my boyfriend, as well as my room mates. Am I so sick because I'm in this type of survival mode? I think I am. Therefore, I declare this is the last year that I merely survive. School will be done in December. I refuse to take crappy jobs because that's all I can get. I refuse to allow others to dictate what I do with my time. I will pursue passionately and with all my might the will God has for me and I will happily knock down anyone who gets in my way.
As for this year, the remainder of it anyways, I will prepare myself. I've got until December to kick things up to thriving status and I've got a lot to get done before then. I need to find out what God's will is for me, for instance. I need to finish school. I also need to find an awesome job that I will love most days. So, this year, I will remind myself WHY I'm in school and WHAT I have in store for me.
Next year will be the year I buy a motorcycle, start a business, get married and have the life I've been waiting for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about surviving, I too sometimes wonder when "real life" will start. I am sorry you were sick this weekend :(
Also just in case you didn't know you are already awesome and thriving in my book :)

John McCollum said...

You go, girl.

Erini CS said...

"and I will happily knock down anyone who gets in my way."
WITH FORCE. ;)

oh, yeah... don't forget your grape juice. you're going to need it. or at least want it, a lot.